xliff-promotion message

Subject: Groups - Event "Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)" modified

Submitter's message
just added meeting minutes
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)

Date: Tuesday, 05 March 2013, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WET
Location: GoTo Meeting
Description

GoToMeeting Invitation - XLIFF P&L SC meeting

1.  Please join my meeting.
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982
Germany: +49 (0) 898 7806 6465
United States: +1 (909) 259-0010

Access Code: 421-352-758

Meeting Password: 54321
Meeting ID: 421-352-758

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Dedicated to 4th XLIFF Symposium preparations until June 4, 2013

Minutes

Agenda:
4th XLIFF Symposium

Participants:
Kevin, Joachim, Yves, David, Bryan, Lucía

Minutes:
David: Only four submissions so far in FEISGILTT. We need to start recruiting more people.
Joachim: I asked my boss and he came with a more general idea. Most of our work is done using XLIFF, it can be a good story: More than 90% of LIOX volume done in XLIFF, abandoned legacy rtf.
David: Absolutely, who would be the speaker?
Joachim: I might be. Do you think that it could be a good talk?
David: Sure. I think that is a great message if the number one LSP uses XLIFF, and it helps you to have a better control over your content. Talking in a pair would be also a good idea. Maybe with Paula? To have the sales perspective..
David: Hi Yves, do you have any good news?
Yves: No, unfortunately I have not managed to convince anybody.
David: OK, that’s for now, let’s follow up with your Chief Sales, who is bound to be there according to John.
David: Lucía, can you contact someone from the Open Source community?
Lucia: I can contact the people from Translate.org.za.
David: Bryan, I know you are presenting about big Tex implementations in Rome. Do you think that you can modify it and present it in the symposium?
Bryan: I am working on CMS and XLIFF integration, in Rome I have only 15min, however, I can adapt it to a more robust conversion on CMS for the symposium. However, I have another idea, “Who is XLIFF for?” From my point of view: tool makers, localisation service providers, localisation purchasers. But other people, they think that final users should not be converting themselves other formats into XLIFF and that leads to more problems than it solves. This can be a good discussion topic. I think it can be a good panel discussion.
David: I think that can be an excellent panel.
Joachim: Part of what we get as XLIFF is not really XLIFF, so it is too easy to for a CMS create a problematic XLIFF. We can also raise the issue of certification.
David: Certification can be a good idea, but we have also seen examples of other certification initiatives that failed. I guess we should go one step at a time, and that the first step is a publicly available collection of tests that we have now chartered.
David: Kevin, thanks for securing the meeting space for XLIFF F2F in London, very much appreciated. It is a central location and not far from the conference venue.  http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/about/offices/london.aspx
Kevin: We might submit a proposal, we will explain how 2.0 will be integrating in our process.
David: That is great. It is good to have a good business case.
Are you also thinking about follow ups on Visual Studio or SharePoint?
Kevin: On VS I have to check if there was any movement, there is a plugin available, on Share Point they have already launched SP 2013, I will check with them.
David: It does not need to be MS people, it would be great if you could points us to channel partners or partner consultancies to see how is the adoption, what the partners are doing with it?
Bryan: are descriptions available? I want to show my boss what was done in VS.
Kevin: I can send you some description about VS, about SharePoint I think the documentation is not ready yet.
Bryan: Thank you.
Joachim: for the federated event, Arle was wondering if he can help with FEISGILTT.
Also as discussed ISG LIS about to standardize the similarity, it would be good to discuss with technical people, the Fesgiltt can be a good place to do so.
David: I think it can be an inter-track discussion, to talk as well about RegEx. Joachim, would you be interested in forming a panel.
Joachim: it is a confrontational discussion. yes.
Kevin: was it any consideration of having a presentation of comparing 1.2 with 2.0 versions? Or are you presenting 2.0?
David: I think is a good idea. As we are always asking Yves, we can have other people doing this. Fredrik and Ryan could be good presenters.
Bryan: Lucia just mentioned that this should be a MUST, I agree with her.
Joachim: we should have people from different perspectives. So good if Ryan and Fredrik can do it together. I will follow up with Fredrik.
David: Peter Reynolds proposed to have a FEISGILTT session in the main LocWorld conference. The LocWorld PC accepted. We are responsible to nominate a speaker to give XLIFF 2.0 overview (Was it worth the waiting?) We need to nominate the best person(s) to that; one will get the usual LocWorld speaker discount. We need to think about a proposal and also who should talk as well.
Kevin: I think this should be discussed on the SC list.
David: Let us do it so.
Bryan: Lucia, what is the status of the Spanish translation?
Lucía: Rodolfo and I decided that the quality was not enough to be published at that point (and at that time I was too busy with my PhD to do a more exhaustive review), It could be published as reference material but not as the official translation. I will have another look on that.
David: Meeting adjourned. Thank you everybody.

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC
Sharing: This event is not shared to any other groups.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20130319T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130305T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130305T180000
SEQUENCE:10
SUMMARY:Regular SC meeting (1st Tues)
LOCATION:GoTo Meeting
  meeting\n\n	1.  Please join my
  meeting.\n	https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/421352758
  \n\n	2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset
  is recommended.  Or\, call in using your telephone.
  \n\n	Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 982\n	Germany: +49 (0) 898
  7806 6465\n	United States: +1 (909) 259-0010 \n\n	Access
  Code: 421-352-758\n	Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
  meeting \n\n	Meeting Password: 54321\n	Meeting ID:
  421-352-758 \n\n	GoToMeeting&reg\; \n	Online Meetings Made
  Easy&reg\; \n\n	Not at your computer? Click the link to join
  this meeting from your iPhone&reg\;\, iPad&reg\; or
  Android&reg\; device via the GoToMeeting app.\n\nAgenda:
  \n	Dedicated to 4th XLIFF Symposium preparations until June
  4\, 2013\nGroup: XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC\nCreator:
  Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35059
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35059
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
[...]
DTSTAMP:20130305T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130402T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20130402T180000
SEQUENCE:12
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35060
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-promotion/event.php?event_id=35060
BEGIN:VALARM