Subject: Re: [xliff] Migration Policy Document

Hi Tony,

I've just one problem wrt the 'Cross-release compatibility guidelines' section. In this section you state that "Tools must not delete data that it does not understand" and "Tools must preserve unknown elements in the file". If a tool is validating, using either Schema or DTD, these comments cannot be applied if the version of the XLIFF in the file is later than the tool supports or if the tool uses an earlier Schema or DTD.
Perhaps the addition of something like "Tools should not try to validate later versioned XLIFF documents" might suffice.

Regards,
Mark

Tony Jewtushenko <Tony.Jewtushenko@oracle.com>

07/25/02 06:33 PM