Subject: [xliff] minutes of the XLIFF TC held on November 19th.

Hi all,

The minutes of the XLIFF TC held on November 19th. are below.

Thanks,

Peter.

1/ AttendanceTony, Christian, Dave,  Bryan, Reinhard, Mat, Peter, Jonathan, John Reid, Gerard, Shigemichi, Mirek.

2/ Minutes of the face to face meeting

Jonathan outlined the discussion which took place at the face to face meeting. Patrick Gannon, CEO of Oasis, joined the meeting.

Jonathan proposed the minutes of the meeting as a correct record and John seconded this.

3/ Version 1.1 spec

We had a discussion on what is remaining to be discussed for inclusion in the Version 1.1 spec. Tony went through the items from Yves' draft spec. see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200210/msg00030.html

It was agreed that the following items need discusion and that this will happened next week.

Customisation/ Exntension

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200210/msg00041.html and the minutes of October 25th

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200210/msg00045.html

Context-group

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200211/msg00010.html and

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200211/msg00012.html

element defaults

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200211/msg00011.html

Phase/ Alt-Trans

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200211/msg00000.html and the face to face minutes

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200211/msg00002.html

4/ Oasis Specifications

Tony updated the group on a conversation with Patrick Gannon. Oasis are trying to

5/ LISA Conference

Christian, Yves and Dave addressed the LISA conference which went well. Dave raised an issue regarding the the audience we are aiming at. It was suggested in the discussion at the LISA conference that if we only aim at the  'LISA' audience we will not be getting the message accross fully. Suggestions were made such as aiming at developer and XML conference. Gerard also raised the issue of the OSCAR group.

6/ Next Meeting

Tuesday, Novemeber 26th.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager
Bowne Global Solutions, formerly Berlitz GlobalNET
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
peter.Reynolds@bowneglobal.ie
Web Site: http//www.bowneglobal.com