OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Amended: XLIFF TC Teleconference Minutes 6-May-2003

Apologies for the previous minutes; I didn't actually intend to send them to the list, merely save them until today when I could check them first. The attendance list was originally drawn from Kavi. However, it would appear that this may not have been quite up to date when I took the list.


Please find the amended minutes below.




XLIFF TC Teleconference Meeting - 6th May 2003


1. Attendance

Bryan Schnabel, Christian Lieske, David Pooley, Doug Domeny, Gerard Cattin des Bois, John Reid, Mark Levins, Mat Lovatt, Milan Karasek, Tony Jewtushenko, Yves Savourel


2. Last Weeks Minutes

These were accepted without opposition.


3. XLIFF V1.1 Specification


a) Discussion of inline elements

Yves outlined his opinion on how the id and rid attributes should be used. Some discussion followed and Yves/Doug agreed to clarify the wording for the specification. <bpt>/<ept> and <bx>/<ex> will be linked by having the same id attribute.


b) ctype attribute

John Reid started a discussion on the ctype attribute of inline tags, highlighting changes that have been made since V1.0. It was decided that this can be deferred until post V1.1 when inline tags are revisited.


All changes to the specification are to be given to Yves by the end of Wednesday. Yves will then update and re-distribute the specification on Thursday. Tony will set up a ballot for each voting member to accept or reject the XLIFF V1.1 specification.


4. Attendance records

A number of members have failed to meet the requirements for maintaining their OASIS TC membership. Tony asked for opinion on what should be done. It was decided to leave this to Tony as to what should be done with those members with a view to possibly applying the OASIS TC membership rules. Long-standing members who have contributed to the specification and have since let their attendance slip will be given a gentle reminder ...


5. AOB

a) "Endgame" issues

Tony proposed that each of the contributors submit a voluntary IPR statement to relinquish IPR on any aspects of the specification on which they have worked. Tony will send around a piece of text as an example of what could be used. This will not hold up V1.1. After much discussion, it was decided to take any more issues it offline.


6. Meeting adjourned


David Pooley

Software Architect
SDL International

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
for the presence of computer viruses.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]