Subject: Re: [xliff] Groups - Standing XLIFF Teleconference (Bi-Weekly)modified

Hi Tony et al,

I apologize as I will be unavailable for today's meeting (dentist -- some may remember how important this can be for me).
Following are my thoughts on the agenda items. If I might cast a vote in abstentia (Tony, is this possible?), they are included.

Agenda:
1/Roll Call...
<jr>My apologies</jr>

2/Review and accept previous 2 meeting minutes as formal record, amending if necessary. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=2312&day=1058263200 and http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=2313&day=1058868000
<jr> The 14 July minutes are accurate. I vote for approval. I abstain from the other since I was not in attendance.</jr>

3/White Paper - ballot for accepting whitepaper as final version PASSED, with 14 of possible 17 votes cast in favour, with 3 no-votes. .

One final modification to the whitepaper has been submitted by Bryan after the ballot - in the section "Examples of Extensibility
with XLIFF 1.1" on page 23, in the sample code the xliff namespace is incorrectly bolded - the "tek" namespace should have been bolded. Corrected revised document has been posted here -> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/2963/XLIFF-1_1-white-paper_v0100.zip , and in PDF format here -> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3107/XLIFF-core-whitepaper_1.1-cs.pdf

<jr>The change proposed by Bryan is acceptable. Two issues with the PDF file, though, are the excessive amount of white-space in section 4 and the lack of page numbers in the document. Can these issues be resolved? Otherwise, it looks good. Thanks to all that contributed.</jr>

4/Standards Review Process - the approvals process and timing. At this meeting we will vote on the timing of the submission to the OASIS standards review process. Chair proposes that we submit the XLIFF 1.1 spec, Schema and Whitepaper for peer review starting 11 Aug and ending 24 September 2003. Proposed reviewers are: all OASIS TC's, LISA OSCAR, W3C i18n WG, and possibly LRC. Coverage rosters for monitoring and responding to comments and queries during the review process will be drawn up. If not enough coverage is available during August due to holidays, etc, then we'll push out the review period start date to early September. FYI: document names for specs, schema's etc, are being reviewed and modified in accordance with OASIS naming conventions.

</jr>The submission text is good. However, we have a 20030522 and a 20030625 cs-core-xliff-1.1 version of the document. What is different in the 20030625 version? We point at the 20030522 in most places but when Latest version: is selected the 20030625 document comes up. This is a bit confusing. Can we clean this up? I vote to approve once these issues are resolved, if possible.

As for the timing, the sooner the better. Will this work if the Chair's proposal of a break through August passes, agenda item 6? I think it does and would prefer submitting now. I vote to approve the Aug 11 submission timeframe.</jr>

5/Any other business

6/Next XLIFF TC Teleconference needs to be scheduled - Chair proposes that we break for the month of August and reconvene 2 September.

<jr>I vote to approve the chair's proposal for an August break.</jr>

Thanks,
John

J o h n  R e i d

Localization Tools