OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [xliff] Groups - Standing XLIFF Teleconference (Bi-Weekly) modified

Hi John:

Thanks for your comments and votes.  Regarding voting in absentia - there's no provision for proxy voting or voting in absentia,  so I'm afraid that's not possible.  However,  if we don't make quorum today,  I'll have no option but to post another online ballot for the vote to submit,  so you may get a chance after all.

Regarding other issues:   the Word version was also lacking page numbers, so I added them.  I also removed the whitespace in section 4 (the whitespace was put there so that the code samples wouldn't break across lines, but its better with less whitespace,  I think - any objections?).  I've just generated a new word and PDF file with these changes.

Word - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3111/xliff-core-whitepaper-1.1-cs.zip
PDF - http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3107/XLIFF-core-whitepaper_1.1-cs.pdf

With respect to the matter of timing and Aug. break - we don't necessarily need to convene meetings to deal with issues that arise during the review period.  If we have assigned comments monitors for the period of August,  then we can meet the first week of Sept. to deal with any unresolved matters, and we'd still have an additional 2-3 weeks to reply to any issues before the review period ends.  Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic,  but I'm not expecting there to be that many comments submitted.  By the way,  I'm planning to go on vacation for most of August,  and I understand that a few others on the TC will also be out for most of the month,  so even achieving quorum may not be feasible.  An alternative is that we postpone until early Sept.the submission for peer review,  but I think it's probably best to go ahead with it.  Any other comments from the TC?


John Reid wrote:
Hi Tony et al,
I apologize as I will be unavailable for today's meeting (dentist -- some may remember how important this can be for me).
Following are my thoughts on the agenda items. If I might cast a vote in abstentia (Tony, is this possible?), they are included.
1/Roll Call...
<jr>My apologies</jr>

2/Review and accept previous 2 meeting minutes as formal record, amending if necessary. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=2312&day=1058263200 and http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=2313&day=1058868000
<jr> The 14 July minutes are accurate. I vote for approval. I abstain from the other since I was not in attendance.</jr>

3/White Paper - ballot for accepting whitepaper as final version PASSED, with 14 of possible 17 votes cast in favour, with 3 no-votes. .

One final modification to the whitepaper has been submitted by Bryan after the ballot - in the section "Examples of Extensibility
with XLIFF 1.1" on page 23, in the sample code the xliff namespace is incorrectly bolded - the "tek" namespace should have been bolded. Corrected revised document has been posted here -> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/2963/XLIFF-1_1-white-paper_v0100.zip , and in PDF format here -> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/3107/XLIFF-core-whitepaper_1.1-cs.pdf

<jr>The change proposed by Bryan is acceptable. Two issues with the PDF file, though, are the excessive amount of white-space in section 4 and the lack of page numbers in the document. Can these issues be resolved? Otherwise, it looks good. Thanks to all that contributed.</jr>
4/Standards Review Process - the approvals process and timing. At this meeting we will vote on the timing of the submission to the OASIS standards review process. Chair proposes that we submit the XLIFF 1.1 spec, Schema and Whitepaper for peer review starting 11 Aug and ending 24 September 2003. Proposed reviewers are: all OASIS TC's, LISA OSCAR, W3C i18n WG, and possibly LRC. Coverage rosters for monitoring and responding to comments and queries during the review process will be drawn up. If not enough coverage is available during August due to holidays, etc, then we'll push out the review period start date to early September. FYI: document names for specs, schema's etc, are being reviewed and modified in accordance with OASIS naming conventions.

</jr>The submission text is good. However, we have a 20030522 and a 20030625 cs-core-xliff-1.1 version of the document. What is different in the 20030625 version? We point at the 20030522 in most places but when Latest version: is selected the 20030625 document comes up. This is a bit confusing. Can we clean this up? I vote to approve once these issues are resolved, if possible.
As for the timing, the sooner the better. Will this work if the Chair's proposal of a break through August passes, agenda item 6? I think it does and would prefer submitting now. I vote to approve the Aug 11 submission timeframe.</jr>
5/Any other business

6/Next XLIFF TC Teleconference needs to be scheduled - Chair proposes that we break for the month of August and reconvene 2 September.

<jr>I vote to approve the chair's proposal for an August break.</jr>
J o h n  R e i d
Localization Tools
Novell, Inc.
801/861-3855        ( Work )
801/861-2754        ( PreferredFax )

Tony Jewtushenko					mailto:tony.jewtushenko@oracle.com
Principal Product Manager				direct tel: +353.1.8039080
ST Tools Technology Team
Oracle Corporation, Ireland

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]