Subject: Re: [xliff] Question on XLIFF editors

Hi David,

The XML standard (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/) specifies
that both single and double quote are valid attribute delimiters and
have to be supported.

Both exist in order to allow the escaping of the other with in an
attribute. The question is therefore not specific to XLIFF but to XML in
general. According to the XML standard you have to support both, and
neither can be assumed in advance from an XML compliant processor. In a
similar manner the order of attributes in an element can never be
assumed or guaranteed.

If you are using a parser such as Xerces it will transparently return
the attribute values to you without any need to concern yourself about
which delimiter has been used.

Best Regards,

AZ

--

email - azydron@xml-intl.com
smail - c/o Mr. A.Zydron

may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless
explicitly stated otherwise this message is provided for informational
purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.