Subject: FW: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 1.2 Errata: Tool element

For those who do not subscribe to xliff-comment...

-----Original Message-----
From: Asgeir Frimannsson [mailto:asgeirf@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:43 AM
To: xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 1.2 Errata: Tool element

Hi all,

While I'm at it, I'll report this as well:

The <tool> element is defined as:
     Zero, one or more non-XLIFF elements.

The schema definition is:

<xsd:element name="tool">
  <xsd:complexType mixed="true">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="strict" minOccurs="0"
            maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    ... attributes ...
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

Notice:
1) the mixed="true" attribute which doesn't belong there, unless the
specification definition is changed to mention this to be consistent
with other similar elements. I suggest removing the mixed attribute,
as this only requires a schema change.
2) the namespace="##any" attribute. This should be namespace="##other"
to be consistent with the rest of the specification...

This issue has been briefly raised before [1]. However, it is still an
unresolved issue, as the schema doesn't behave in accordance to the
specification. It will cause implementers pain in the future if not
mentioned in a 1.2 errata or fixed...

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200610/msg00010.html

cheers,
asgeir

--
Asgeir Frimannsson
PhD Candidate

Phone: (+61) 7 3138 9332 Mob: (+61) 405 412 696
Email: asgeirf@gmail.com

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: xliff-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org