OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - XLIFF TC Teleconference meeting (XLIFF 2.0) modified

Added meeting minutes.

 -- Rodolfo Raya

XLIFF TC Teleconference meeting (XLIFF 2.0) has been modified by Rodolfo Raya

Date:  Tuesday, 21 October 2008
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
1/ Call one of the FreeConferenceCall phone numbers:
US: (712) 432-1600
US: (605) 772-3100
Austria: 0820 4000 1552
Belgium: 070 35 9974
France: 0826 100 256
Germany: 01805 00 76 09 
(note: I checked, and this number should still work.  I will watch my email for notes that the German number does not work, and will seek an alternate number, in real time, in that case)
Ireland: 0818 270 021
Italy: 848 390 156
Netherlands: 0870 001 920
Spain: 902 886025
Switzerland: 0848 560 179
UK: 0870 35 204 74
2/ Enter the Participant Access Code: 737043#

1/ Roll call
2/ Approve previous meeting minutes:
Accept, reject, or amend. (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200809/msg00002.html)
3/ Announcements
 A. XLIFF/DITA joint webinar was a hit

 B. Welcome Marcin Zaremba (introduction by Peter)

 C. Face to face meeting - November 5, Wiesbaden Germany (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=1549)

 D. Jump to Category 3 Issues (XLIFF 2.0 for first-of-month meetings)

** Category 1 Issues: XLIFF 1.2.1 (quick Turn) **

4/ XLIFF 1.2.1 Issues are tracked on the WIKI  (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF1.2/Errata)
   (Errata page begun by Asgeir)
 A. Link updated XLIFF 1.2.1 schemas to this page, and perhaps TC page
    i The items to be changed in the new specifications will be discussed in the wiki first.       
      All changes to the wiki should indicate the name of the comment author.
 B. Start an XLIFF 1.2.1 Committee Specification and link it to this page
    i   Start a draft specification document for 1.2.1 and the corresponding schemas. 
    ii  Rodolfo will create the initial draft, based in current XLIFF 1.2 specification, and 
    iii Doug will edit and update the schemas to reflect the new changes
    iv  Doug and Rodolfo will be listed as editors in the new specification document.
 C. Proposal to add scope (criteria and due dates) to this page
    i   1st CS of 1.2.1;  
    ii  Public review during December, 
    iii Ready to go standard vote by March.

5/ TC charter may need a review and update  (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/charter.php)

 A. Mary outlined the criteria for updating the charter: 

** Category 2 Issues: General, not tied to 1.2.1 or 2.0 **

6/ Preparing for a vote on Eric's representation guide (ICU Resource Bundle)
 A. Rodolfo to test XLIFF code samples
 B. Rodolfo and Eric to adapt the guide to the current templates

7/ Add Rodolfo's concern about Content of  element to 1.2.1, or 2.0? 

8/ Semantics on Attributes on Structural Elements (Christian)

9/ Doug proposed discussing the issues raised by Stefan Uhrig
 A. Section 2.5.2
 B. Section 2.5.1
 C. Section 3.2.1
 D. Section 3.2.2
 E. schema is too lax in Stefan's opinion

10/ Face to face meeting possibilities 

11/ ITS decorated documents and XLIFF (Bryan)

12/ Rodolfo to invite Translations.com to join the XLIFF TC. He will contact Mary McRae and ask her to invite the company

** Category 3 issues: XLIFF 2.0 **
13/ Asgeir created a robust tracking mechanism (a syndication page) for XLIFF 2.0 ideas 
- perhaps we should consider this vs. our current tracking page.  Should we consolidate them? Or do they serve unique purposes?

 A. Proposal to add scope (criteria and due dates) to this page
 B. Proposal to link updated XLIFF 2.0 schema to this page, and perhaps TC page
 C. Proposal to start an XLIFF 2.0 Committee Specification and link it to this page
 D. Proposal to consolidate: 
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Ideas) and 

14/ Topics for XLIFF 2.0 (Rodolfo)

15/ XLIFF 2.0 proposal: Allow [note] to reference [mrk] (Magnus, Bryan, Doug)
16/ XLIFF 2.0 Goals (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals)
 A. Reports from Requirements owners on status of requirement
 B. Continue to classify remaining Potential Goals (Must Have, Should Have, Nice to Have)
 C. XLIFF 2.0 Requirements Document draft
 D. Begin to write the actual "XLIFF Version 2.0 Working Draft" (covered under item 13/ )
** Non categorized **
17/ Reports from liaisons involved with other standards groups:
 A. W3C i18n
 B. Oscar
 D. OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
18/ New Business

Present: Doug Domeny, Eric Mader, Bryan Schnabel, Rodolfo Raya, Milan Karasek, Tony Jewtushenko, Asgeir Frimannsson, Christian Lieske and Magnus Martikainen.

Rodolfo moved to accept the minutes of the previous meeting, Magnus seconded and none opposed.

The following topics were discussed:

 Bryan mentioned that the DITA XLIFF presentation was successful. The recordings and presentation materials will be linked to the TC home page.

 Face to face meeting: four voting members will be in Wiesbaden during TEKOM and thats a good opportunity for meeting. Wednesday afternoon seems to be the ideal time. Bryan is trying to arrange the facilities with TEKOM organizers. Tony suggested contacting Mary McRae to check if it would be possible to have guests in the meeting.

 Bryan summarized the changes needed for XLIFF 1.2.1, noting that they are necessary for XLIFF 2.0.

 Doug committed to finish the schemas for XLIFF 1.2.1. We may need help for maintain the schemas for XLIFF 2.0

 Rodolfo will host the specification and schemas drafts in CVS. Once they are approved by the TC, we will ask Mary to upload milestones to the official OASIS repository.

 While discussing the goals for XLIFF 2.0, Rodolfo requested to move item 4 of the Potential goals (Define a multi-lingual "Localisation Kit" format) to  Must Have feature.

 Asgeir suggested connecting the page with goals  to the page with ideas using links. The Goals page will list the list of features and the Ideas page will include the development details.

 Rodolfos request about <seg-source> content has been addressed. Split operations can be done with the new segmentation system; Merge operations still need to be discussed.

 Magnus suggested to create a new attribute identifying the target of a note when it is a <mrk> element. Christian suggested using ITS markup for that. Nevertheless, we should keep in mind that if this is the only use for ITS, it might be overkill. Bryan suggested delaying the resolution until we know if the attribute suggested by Magnus is enough or if we really need to incorporate ITS. Magnus will draft an implementation on the Ideas page.

 Christian commented that the need for allowing XML in skeletons is still there. Bryan noted that there was a discussion and possible implementations have been proposed. Christian will review them. 

 Asgeir mentioned that we need to clean up the schemas for version 2.0, putting only the essential stuff in the core implementation. Magnus agreed, stating that this idea motivated him to propose this change in last face to face meeting. 

 Bryan will send out details for the face to face meeting when he has the agenda items.

Call dismissed.

View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Teleconference meeting (XLIFF 2.0)
DESCRIPTION:1/ Call one of the FreeConferenceCall phone numbers:\nUS: (712)
  432-1600\nUS: (605) 772-3100\nAustria: 0820 4000 1552\nBelgium: 070 35
  9974\nFrance: 0826 100 256\nGermany: 01805 00 76 09 \n(note: I
  checked\, and this number should still work.  I will watch my email
  for notes that the German number does not work\, and will seek an
  alternate number\, in real time\, in that case)\nIreland: 0818 270
  021\nItaly: 848 390 156\nNetherlands: 0870 001 920\nSpain: 902
  886025\nSwitzerland: 0848 560 179\nUK: 0870 35 204 74\n \n2/ Enter the
  Participant Access Code: 737043#\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation
  Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel*

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]