Subject: Re: [xliff] Seg-source and source differences

-----8<-----

> Here the text content of <source> and the one of <seg-source> is
> actually different, even after normalizing whitespaces you would have
> one space difference.
>
> What the user should do when there is a discrepancy between both
> content? Maybe we need more processing descriptions in 2.0?

Hi,

I'm not sure whether that's a bug in the example or a feature of XLIFF
1.2's new segmentation model. I know people that considered this a
feature and implemented segmentation removing spaces between segments.

In any case, this should be either corrected for XLIFF 2.0 or clearly
explained in the specification document.

Best regards,
Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
http://www.maxprograms.com