Subject: RE: [xliff] Seg-source and source differences

Hi Yves, Rodolfo, all,

Aren't we looking at at least three different questions?

1. Is the example correct?

2. Are segmentation processes allowed to apply something that could be
termed "normalization"?

Example: In XML elements, multiple whitespaces get collapsed to a single
one.

3. Which "guidance" should be given to users or systems with respect to
the existence of
"seg-source"?

Sample "guidance":

Check if "seg-source(s)" and "source" are identical.
	a. if "no", do ...
	b. if "yes", do ...

I am tempted to say that we could consider separate "answers" for the
individual questions.
The simplest one - pertaining to 1.: We correct the example.

Cheers,
Christian