Subject: RE: [xliff] TMX 2.0 draft for public review

Yves,

Thank you for these ideas.

Arle,

Would it be possible for you to attend our March 17, 11am Eastern US Time teleconference?  We have some really hot issues that our TC is working on.  But I'm pretty sure everyone at XLIFF would be agreeable to discussing the <i-tag> element issues.  We could make the "joint effort with LISA to discuss unity between TMX and XLIFF" our first, or only topic for the meeting.

I feel like by having you and Rodolfo on the call, we could make some good headway.  Perhaps we could begin with the proposal Christian thought of.

Or if you like the idea of attending, but this is not a good date, perhaps you could propose an alternate date (we meet every first and third Tuesday of each month, at 11a Eastern).

From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@translate.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:09 AM
To: 'XLIFF TC'; 'Arle Lommel'

Thanks for the new draft Rodolfo.

A few questions to Arle:

- About the discussion between OSCAR and the XLIFF TC that you and Bryan indicated we should have: Should it wait for the public
comments to be done or could we start it while they take place?

- I saw that the public comments should be sent to your email address. I assume you will make this public feedback available on some
publicly accessible archive. It would be quite helpful to the XLIFF TC to have access to the all comments as some may trigger
additional thoughts and feedback, especially regarding the content markup which is essentially the same thing in both formats. It
would also fit nicely with the goals #1, #2, and #4 of OSCAR listed on the LISA's site
(http://www.lisa.org/Special-Interest-Gro.101.0.html#c140).

- Since someone has had time to update the TMX page to announce the review, would it be possible to also take the time to fix the
broken link to SRX 1.0: The SRX 2.0 spec lists http://www.lisa.org/fileadmin/standards/srx10.html but there is nothing there, the
one that works is here: http://www.lisa.org/fileadmin/standards/srx1.0.html (note the extra period between 1 and 0). Thanks.

Kind regards,
-yves