Subject: Groups - XLIFF Teleconference added

XLIFF Teleconference has been added by Bryan Schnabel*

Date:  Tuesday, 01 December 2009
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
1/ Call one of the FreeConferenceCall phone numbers:

US: (712) 432-1600
Austria: 0820 4000 1552
Belgium: 070 35 9974
France: 0826 100 256
Germany: 01805 00 76 09
Ireland: 0818 270 021
Italy: 848 390 156
Netherlands: 0870 001 920
Spain: 902 886025
Switzerland: 0848 560 179
UK: 0844 581 9102

2/ Enter the Participant Access Code: 737043#

Agenda:
1/ Roll call

2/ Approve Tuesday, 03 November 2009 meeting minutes:
   Accept, reject, or amend.
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200911/msg00003.html

3/ Announcements
  A. Face to face public outreach meeting Munich, November 17, attended:
     TC: Lucia, Rodolfo, and Bryan
     Guests: Hal Trent, Michael Zwecker
  B. Dimitra is conducting an XLIFF questionnaire

4/ XLIFF 1.2 Errata Status Update

5/ Review Requirements for inline elements - Goal for today's meeting: resolve 3.1.5; resolve 3.1.6
(come to consensus on the requirements, then assign owners to propose wording for the spec)
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Requirements?action=show&redirect=Requirements)

{
here's my *score card*:

1.1. Definitions/Terminology
"This section is under construction. " (additional examples have been added)

 3.1.1. Common representation of 'inline' markup vs 'block-level' markup
   1. [Resolved]
   2. [Resolved]
   3. [Resolved]

 3.1.2. Canonical Representation of native content

[Tabled (minutes: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200909/msg00001.html) "A roll call vote was held and it was agreed that discussion of canonical representation will be kept as a working item for further discussion." Bryan: We have spent many meeting cycles and cannot seem to agree on an answer to the question (with regard to defining scope) "Should there only be one physical representation for a given native representation (wrt codes, inline-markup, 'skeleton' data, sub-flows)?" So I request the interested parties establish a point/counterpoint email thread. When all points are documented I will conduct an email ballot to arrive at a "yes/no" decision - no later than 13-OCTOBER-2009]

 3.1.3. Extensibility / Annotations
   [Resolved]
 3.1.4. [Resolved] Content Manipulation
 3.1.5. [Not yet addressed] XML Implementation
 3.1.6. [Not yet addressed] General Scope
}

6/ In "4. Requirements (Step 2)," we have a series of "Should" statements.
   Upon completing "3. Defining the Scope (Step 1)" we should do two things:
  A. Review the existing Requirements and come to agreement that
     each Requirement is valid

  B. Assimilate the results of the Scope section into the Requirements section
     (perhaps this step should be done offline by a volunteer, then reviewed
     at a TC meeting

7/  "XLIFF 2.0 will be complete when _______"
  There are two camps for filling in the blank

  A. Set a calendar goal. All items that are complete and approved by the
     TC make it into XLIFF 2.0 - All others need to wait for the "next train,"
     i.e., XLIFF 2.X or XLIFF 3. Special care needs to be taken to define
     doneness and ensure no dependency issues between items.
     And "XLIFF 2.0 is complete on set date of *Month/Day/Year*"

         - or -

 B. Define a finite set of XLIFF 2.0 items. Set a cutoff date for adding items.
    The list of accepted items becomes our requirements document.
    And "XLIFF 2.0 is complete when items 1 through X are finished"
    (some in this camp see our current set of goals, as is, as that
    finite list)

    i. Yves commented that XLIFF is not a software. And we should be careful with releasing versions that do not have some specific features we know will ultimately end up there. (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200904/msg00018.html)

8/ XLIFF 2.0
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)

9/ New Business

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=25878

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20091129T000000Z
DTSTART:20091201T160000Z
DTEND:20091201T170000Z
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:XLIFF Teleconference
  432-1600\nAustria: 0820 4000 1552\nBelgium: 070 35 9974\nFrance: 0826
  100 256\nGermany: 01805 00 76 09 \nIreland: 0818 270 021\nItaly: 848
  390 156\nNetherlands: 0870 001 920\nSpain: 902 886025\nSwitzerland:
  0848 560 179\nUK: 0844 581 9102\n\n\n2/ Enter the Participant Access
  Code: 737043#\n\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format
  (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel*
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=25878
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=25878
END:VEVENT