Subject: RE: XLIFF questionnaire results

Hi Dimitra,

This is very informative. Sincere thanks to you and Reinhard for undertaking this task. The results are very interesting. Perhaps I'm slightly a victim of interpreting the results to suit my own biases, but the themes that I noticed to be consistent were: simplify; provide clear compliance specifications; retain the solid core - but jettison some of the complex, tool-specific fluff; and get the word out to tool-makers because more/consistent support is needed.

I could almost imagine a subcommittee whose charter is: come up with a specific recommendation to the TC on how to. . .

" simplify / provide compliance spec / jettison fluff / inform tool-makers "

I look forward to how other interprate these results.

Thanks so much for this work, and for sharing,

Bryan

From: Dimitra.Anastasiou [mailto:dimitra.anastasiou@ul.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:25 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] XLIFF questionnaire results

Dear members of the XLIFF TC,

I conducted an XLIFF questionnaire and I am attaching both the questionnaire and its results. The file consists of 8 sheets corresponding to the 8 questions of the questionnaire.

I am not good at all at presenting statistics, so, any suggestions about how and where this can be used are welcome.

There are some good thoughts in sheets 6 and 7.

Regards,

Dimitra

Dimitra Anastasiou, PhD

Post-doc Researcher