OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Teleconference Minutes - Tuesday May-4-2010

XLIFF TC Teleconference Minutes
Date:  Tuesday, 04 May 2010
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

=== 1/ Roll call

Bryan, David, Andrew, Magnus, Doug, Lucia, Asgeir, Yves, Christian, Rodolfo, Dimitra.

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 6 April 2010 meeting minutes:
   Accept, reject, or amend.
 (and clarified by David and Mary)

Asgeir moves to approve the meeting minutes.
Yves seconds.
No objections.

=== 3/ Current XLIFF business

--- 1. Updates on the 1st International XLIFF Symposium

Lucia: Going as planned, reminder for call for paper will go out this week.
Dimitra: maybe we will have a deadline extension.

--- 2. Dealing with spam on the XLIFF user list

Bryan: Some spam on the users list recently.
Mary said that because of the nature of the list managing the list is not as easy.
Rodolfo: The list was required by a user who does not post, and there are not many posts. Do we need the list?
Bryan: I see value to it. Comments list is for communicating with the TC, so users list is important too.
Lucia: I met Microsoft and Adobe people: they didn't know about the list but were interested. Need time to get used.

--- 3. Announcement

Magnus: Andrew is also on the call.
Magnus will be leaving the TC at end of may. Andrew Swift will be replacing him.
Andrew: New member of the TC for SDL.
Bryan: Welcome!
To Magnus: Thanks for all the contributions!

=== 4/ XLIFF Inline text SC report (LISA/OSCAR proposal to re-establish a partnership 
   in developing common text markup)

--- 1. Bryan and Yves requested OASIS Administrator, Mary to set up the SC
--- 2. Yves' SC report (this is a placeholder for the regular report to the TC)

It seems the most convenient time for most would be 7:30am MDT, on second Tuesday of each month.
We could start next week if we have confirmation the SC is ready.

=== 5/ XLIFF 1.2 Errata Status Update

--- 1. Rodolfo's report

Rodolfo: No progress for now (too much work)
Need help. Not enough time to do all the work. Any volunteer?
Bryan: Wonderful job so far. Hope we can get volunteer(s) (right now?)
Looking at the TODO list for 2.0, maybe it could bypass 1.2 errata?
Anybody can volunteer?
Rodolfo: The immediate task is the create the diff between old and new doc for the errata. And I also need to be replaced as secretary because cannot attend all meetings.
Bryan and Rodolfo to discuss the change of responsibilities.

  2. Steps are listed in wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/)
  3. OASIS provided an SVN repository

=== 6/ Rodolfo raises questions regarding 
  1. "Translatable stuff in XLIFF 1.2"(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00012.html)
  2. segmentation  (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00029.html)
      (note: this thread had many facets. The url above is the latest entry, 
       and also contains references to all the other email)
  3. problems with seg-source (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201002/msg00028.html)

Rodolfo: Use of seg-source create more problem than solution. Many issues, like annotation, etc.
Question was is it mandatory?
Yves: Agree with Rodolfo on the issues, just saying that seg-source is the only mechanism described in the current specs.
Magnus: We need to address the shortcomings of seg-source in 2.0
Rodolfo: Another example of issue: Using seg-source create problem with XSLT.
Bryan: So we have a disagreement on what is the best practice, and need to fixed/redesigned in 2.0.
Yves/Rodolfo: Yes we should work on this in 2.0

=== 7/ XLIFF 2.0

--- 1. Finish our work regarding text elements in XLIFF 2.0 

This has been transitioned to the new xliff-inline SC.
Rodolfo: Info from Arle (LISA): Arle will try to participate to SC.

--- 2. Decide how to go forward with remaining (non-text) parts of XLIFF 2.0 
    2.1 Revisit Feature Tracking (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)
    2.2 Revisit XLIFF 2.0 Dashboard (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0)

Bryan: See PDF here for a proposal on how to move forward:

Rodolfo: can be done directly in wiki?
Bryan: yes
Rodolfo: similar format already in place.
Asgeir: yes, it's just an extension of this. All is ready.
Dimitra: Like the idea of the template,
but I think we would like to know when about will XLIFF 2.0 will be published, so that we make recommendations.
Bryan: we will use this methodology going forward.
Is 90 days a good number? Start a thread in the list on this if needed.

Next week: 7:30 MDT first inline SC meeting.
And we need to agree on the period for proposing new features for 2.0
And thanks again to Magnus for his great work
Magnus: I will still be here next meeting it'll be my last meeting.

Lucia: Can I attend the SC just in 'listening' mode?
Rodolfo: yes as Observer.
David: if you are Observer and want to change to Member (for example to vote) it is not easy. So starting as member is probably better.

Meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]