Subject: RE: [xliff] Simplified XLIFF element tree

No necessarily.

You can create an unsegmented XLIFF and put all elements that hold unsegmented text together. Later, when you segment the text, you can add the corresponding <group> elements  at the end of the file. All you need is something that associates unsegmented text with the segmented version and an attribute ("ïd"or something else) is enough.

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com