Subject: RE: [xliff] Gathering common extension points from existing XLIFF Tools as a guide for 2.0 features

Title: RE: [xliff] Gathering common extension points from existing XLIFF Tools as a guide for 2.0 features
Hi All,

Micah Bly from Medtronics has also done some research on this topic and would be a useful addition to this mail thread.

Thanks,

Peter.

From: bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com [mailto:bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com]
Sent: Sat 2011-01-15 23:06
To: ysavourel@translate.com; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Thomas@yamagata-europe.com; xliff-users@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello all,

One of the actions items I'd like us to act on this year is the suggestion by Thomas Vackier that we catalog all the extensions the toolmakers are using as an indicator of what we need to add to XLIFF to make it function *out-of-the-box*. This will hopefully enable us to solve some of the cross-tool incompatibility issues we've learned of. Yves, Thomas, and I are in favor of using the Wikipedia's XLIFF article as a place to store this information. Let's talk about this at our next meeting.

Also, please note that I've cc'd the xliff-users list on this thread. Let's try to keep this thread current on each list so that Thomas, and others who are not members can keep in the loop. (of course I welcome Thomas to join our TC to help us directly)