OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [xliff] Groups - XLIFF TC Telelconference Summary

XLIFF TC Teleconference - Summary
Date:  Tuesday, 18 January 2011
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Bryan: Welcome to 2011. It'll be a year of actions and achievements.

David: Will move to LRC and have more time for working on TC activities.

Dimitra: Might leave the TC (will see what will happen)

What about Asgeir? Did not had time yet to work on re-joining.
Bryan will take on the XML Schema until then.

1/ Roll call

Attendees: Peter, Yves, David, Dimitra, Bryan, Andrew, Lucia
Regrets: Christian
Absents: Arle, Rodolfo

2/ Approve Tuesday, 16 November 2010 meeting minutes:
   Accept, reject, or amend.

Bryan move to accept the minutes
Yves seconds
No objection

Bryan presents new format.
No objections.

3/ Current XLIFF business
  3.1. Conformance criteria status (David)

David: Not sure this is part of the "current XLIFF business"
Bryan: to me: all admin regardless version
David: no sure understand diff between current and 2.0
B: current is more "admin" things, not necessarily part of 2.0
David: think conformance is part of 2.0
Also: not a priority (and had no time).
So, should it be address *now*?
Bryan: agree it's more a 2.0 item.
-> item will be move to 2.0.
David: think status is resolved for now and will need to work on it when we have 2.0 features.
No dissents

  3.2. Move our spec into Docbook  (Bryan) 

Bryan: Under way. Some progress done.
Will hand off to R when done.

  3.3. ISO/OASIS XLIFF - XLIFF as an ISO standard (Peter)

Peter: Talked with Jamie Clark: several ways to move.
My understanding: Work done in OASIS TC and both accept/approve standard
It means if an ISO committee member wants to be involved directly s/he should join the TC.
Bryan: agree
Peter: will work on a schedule for 1.2
Then 2.0 should be matter of ballot
Christian (through Yves): do we have some record of the interoperability event?
Peter: we have an email saying they viewed the presentation with B/R/JoAnn as that event.
Other events can be done if needed.

  3.4. MIME-type for XLIFF (Christian) 

  3.5. "XLIFF at recent "W3C Workshop: The Multilingual Web - Where are We?"  (Christian)

  6. XLIFF Symposium Debrief: "Voice of our customer" (Christian)
     - Consolidated takeaways wiki page (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/Consolidated%20Takesaways%20from%20First%20XLIFF%20Symposium)
     - Christian's slides: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/download.php/39848/2010-10-08_1st%20XLIFF%20Symposium%20-%20XLIFF%20TC%20Summary-draft.pdf

3.4, 3.5, and 6: B: tabled for later when Christian is here.

  7. (new) 2nd Annual XLIFF Symposium in Poland (Peter)

Peter: talked to R/etc. about where to host next XLIFF symposium.
TM Europe would be happy to host it for 2011.
2011 year theme is standards.
Would be in Wednesday Sep-28 as pre-conf event of TM Europe
Request for volunteer for the TM Europe committee (Dimitra and Lucia volunteered)
David: great idea to have it for TM Europe. And volunteer too.
Peter: would like to have Tony as well in the conference.
Peter: Moves "Proposes the TC accept the offer of TM Europe to host the 2011 XLIFF symposium on Wednesday Sep-28"
Yves: seconds
Ballot: all seven in favor.
Dimitra: the more members in the review committee the better.

  8. (new) Gathering common extension points from 
     existing XLIFF Tools as a guide for 2.0 features (Bryan, Thomas)

Bryan: Thomas proposed to gather extension info to see what is need for 2.0
David: Collection + analysis will show needed features
Bryan: Possibly do this at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLIFF
Also ask Micah Bly input as well.
Also to involved more: may have the thread in the users list rather than the TC list.
David: should also monitor "Interoperability Now" (http://interoperability-now.org/tiki/tiki-index.php)
Peter: idea is to start with small group (to be more efficient), and move from there.
David: can we see the guide?
Peter: Will ask to get the guide and pass it to the group.
Will have an open-source approach.

4/ Sub Committee Reports
  1. Inline text (Yves)

Yves (though Andrew): Working on the inline codes representation for storing the native data.
Bryan: maybe some non-inline tag issue will have to be address.

Bryan: Remarks for 2.0:
If anyone wants to take ownership of Asgeir's item it would help.
Need also to update feature tracking (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking) 
from the dashboard (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0), to have a single mechanism.
SC requirement approach seemed a good way to move forward: may be useful for 2.0 itself too.
The sooner we get 2.0 done the better, but it needs to reflect real world requirements

No additional comments

7/ Other Business



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]