OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: XLIFF TC Teleconference - Nov-1-2011 - Summary

XLIFF TC Teleconference - Nov-1-2011 - Summary

=== 1/ Roll call

Present: Arle, Shirley, Yves, Helena, Fredrik, Tom, Bryan, Steven, David-W, David-F, Rodolfo, Lucía,
Regrets: Christian

=== 2/ Approve Tuesday, 04 October 2011 meeting minutes:

Bryan moves to approve.
Tom, Rodolfo second.
No objections.

=== 3/ Sub Committee Reports

--- 1.  Inline text (Yves)

Worked on annotations/metadata.
Summary: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201110/msg00013.html

Rodolfo: DocBook template available on SVN
And modules will be available soon.
Yves: nice, big step forward to get the draft started

Bryan: need to make sure DocBook are correctly validated before committing to SVN.
Any recommendation welcome.

Rodolfo: DocBook to HTML and PDF available.
Fredrik: had good result with http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/
Rodolfo: note the style-sheets (we're not using the default)
Fredrik: will try things out.

--- 2. XLIFF Promotion and Liaison SC Charter (David)
- Vote on David's proposal for features for 2.0 (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201111/msg00002.html)

David-F: Lucía is close to releasing the questions of state-of-the-art tools.

Also, may need to answer this blog: http://www.translationtribulations.com/2011/10/notes-from-xliff-symposium-in-warsaw.html
Bryan: I will do my part no later than end of week.

- ballot about the process for approving features.
Several steps:
1) choose between A: no restrictions, B: only owner can suggest reconsideration
Then if B is selected:
B1: need absolute majority 
B2: 3 month limit
B3: no special conditions
If no majority, then run-off between the two top selected options
Then Yes/No vote for the whole procedure
See David-F email for details

Ballot: A or B
Option A passes.

Ballot: Yes or No for the whole feature approval procedure.
Yes passes.

Rodolfo: Voted no because of "Owners must demonstrate to the TC not only the technical appropriateness of the feature but also explain what resources and timeframe is needed for elaboration and if those resources are available.": need to define those things (appropriateness, etc.)

Bryan: example of reasons why a feature fail: lack of resource to define it.

Rodolfo: don't think it'll be easy to do.
But ok to move on.

=== 4/ XLIFF 2.0 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)

Bryan: perhaps we need to add permanent tracking ids to titles, and not need to worry about preserving numbering scheme?
Fixed IDs could be more helpful.
Maybe we can appoint this task to wiki gardener (Bryan)?
Fredrik: valid concern if it's auto-numbered.

--- 1.  XLIFF 2.0 Technical work
a. Code and content comparison (good discussion at 18Oct2011, non-binding meeting - tracked in Inline SC)
b. Representing starting/ending/stand-alone parts (good discussion at 18Oct2011, non-binding meeting - tracked in Inline SC)
c. Segmentation feature (good discussion at 18Oct2011, non-binding meeting - tracked wiki)

Bryan: about http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking#TechnicalIssuesforXLIFF2.0
Should they be there?
David-F: those are "procedural issues"
Ok with our procedure because the procedure talks only about "features"
Bryan: what is item goes to 2 to 4?
David-F: fine, those were "mislabeled" except if someone disagrees.
Bryan: owner can move item from 2 to 4.

--- 2.  XLIFF 2.0 Technical issues
a. Added this category to FeatureTracking wiki page (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking)
- Does this work?

Discussion on moving "Segmentation" to section 1 of feature.
Yves: moving to #1 doesn't mean the description is final
General agreement on that
David-F: should we decide if it's core or not?
Yves/Rodolfo: seem its' core because the elements are the containers
David-W: segmentation not necessarily core: it's done afterward.

Ballot to move Segmentation to #1
(not deciding if core or not)
Action item: Yves to move item in the wiki

=== 5/ Current XLIFF business

No time to discuss most of those items.
but they are active item for current business

=== 6/ New Business


-meeting adjourned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]