Subject: RE: [xliff] Segmentation as core or not

Hi Helena

Change tracking goes beyond CSV/SVN control.

When you work in a multi-stage project, it is important to track the different modifications received by a segment. For example, a segment may be originally translated using MT, the translation might then be adjusted by a translator and then modified by a proofreader. When doing quality assurance analysis, it is important to know who modified what and when that happened.
Rodolfo M. Raya <RMRAYA@MAXPROGRAMS.COM>
Maxprograms http://www.maxprograms.com

-------- Original Message --------
From: Helena S Chapman <hchapman@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, November 08, 2011 1:12 pm
To: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Question I have with the item 1 regarding "change tracking/version control" is:

- Is the change tracking for the purpose of tracking changes of the XLIFF file content itself or,
- change tracking is to track the activities performed to this file during the end to end process?

When I think of "change tracking/version control", I perceive that as CVS/SVN where a simple change in comments (for example) would also be captured that has nothing to do with the end-to-end process.

Best regards,

Helena Shih Chapman
Globalization Technologies and Architecture
+1-720-396-6323 or T/L 938-6323
Waltham, Massachusetts