Subject: RE: [xliff] namespace declaration

Hi Rodolfo, all,

> Nevertheless, I would make the declaration
> of the core namespace required in the conformance clause.

+1.

> From XML point of view, declaring the
> namespace is optional.

Just to clarify though:
Should/Must an XLIFF 2.0 processor be able to process this:

<xliff version="2.0" srcLang="en">
 <file>
  <unit id="u1">
   <segment>
    <source>text</source>
   </segment>
  </unit>
 </file>
</xliff>

I'm asking because without a namespace declaration that document could be any format that just happens to start with <xliff>.