Subject: RE: [xliff] namespace declaration

Hi Yves,

Another case to analyze (I've actually seen this done with XLIFF 1.1) is:

<xlf:xliff version="2.0" srcLang="en" xmlns:xlf="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0">
 < xlf:file>
  <xlf:unit id="u1">
   <xlf:segment>
    <xlf:source>text</xlf:source>
   </xlf:segment>
  </xlf:unit>
 </xlf:file>
</xlf:xliff>

I would prefer that XLIFF core elements don't have a prefix.

Perhaps we should define XLIFF 2.0 documents in section 1 of the specification as something like "XML documents that declare the namespace "urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0" as their main namespace, have <xliff> as root element and comply with the schemas that are part of the XLIFF specification".

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms       http://www.maxprograms.com