Subject: XLIFF 2.0 - dF Sanity Check of the spec - question for the editors #002

Dear Rodolfo, Yves,

In Section 2.1, the second general processing requirement says

When a <target> child is added to a <segment> element, the value of
its xml:space attribute
should be set to preserve if the xml:space attribute of the sibling
<source> element is set to
preserve.

Can we list a single possibly valid reason not to preserve if the
source is set to preserve?
If not, we probably want to say MUST instead of SHOULD.

Thanks for your attention

telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734