Subject: Using Yves' Lynx tool for Okapi XLIFF Toolkit 0.21 (RE: [xliff] csprd02 - 112 (Problems validating XLIFF files with 2.0 schemas))

Hi Yves,

I'm really starting to love your tool. It has already helped me validate my example files for adherence to PRs.

Dear TC list,

I very much endorse and recommend this tool. As a thinly veiled attempt to encourage more of us to start testing and working on XLIFF 2.0 applications, and as a genuine statement of enthusiasm for this tool, I encourage you to take a look at the Lynx tool for Okapi XLIFF Toolkit 0.21!

Yves,

I noticed in your readme you said to send feedback to this list. So I have my first small suggestion. I was really pleased with the lynx - html switch. I noticed that output does not process the @order attribute. But I think it would be pretty cool if it did. So I have the following sample (I don't know who originally came up with the idea of using en to en-Yoda as a clever way of demonstrating segments - but whoever I'm borrowing this idea from, thanks!):

      <!-- the following example shows segment order -->
      <!-- en-US:  "You have become powerful; I sense in you the dark side ." -->
      <!-- en-YODA: "Powerful you have become; the dark side I sense in you." -->

      <unit id="show_order">
         <segment id="s1"><!-- since I already set target language in <xliff> to de, I must change these target languages of en-x-YODA to de, for now -->
            <source xml:lang="en">You have become</source>
            <target order="2" xml:lang="de">you have become; </target><!-- target lang is actually "en-x-Yoda" -->
         </segment>
         <segment id="s2">
            <source xml:lang="en">powerful;</source>
            <target order="1" xml:lang="de">Powerful </target><!-- target lang is actually "en-x-Yoda" -->
         </segment>
         <segment id="s3">
            <source xml:lang="en">I sense in you</source>
            <target order="4" xml:lang="de">I sense in you</target><!-- target lang is actually "en-x-Yoda" -->
         </segment>
         <segment id="s4">
            <source xml:lang="en">the dark side</source>
            <target order="3" xml:lang="de">the dark side </target><!-- target lang is actually "en-x-Yoda" -->
         </segment>
      </unit>

When I run the -html switch, it outputs:

"you have become; Powerful I sense in youthe dark side"

But if you could support the @order attribute, it would output:

"Powerful you have become; the dark side I sense in you."

Just a thought.

Thanks for the very nice contribution to XLIFF 2.0!

- Bryan