Subject: XLIFF TC Charter Clarification

Hi all,

one of the agenda points for our meeting next Tuesday is the charter clarification.

This has been worked on ever since 2011 but was always somehow on the back burner, so we have the text of the clarification more or less stabel ever since September 2012 and made some minor edits to it in February 2013 and we also had a vote that approved the clarification.

Unfortunately, a charter clarification requires a special majority ballot, and thus the ballot we held more than a year ago had no public effect.

I feel that this should be fixed before we send our cos01 in to the OASIS membership ballot.

This is link to the discussion we had shortly before approving the clarification back in 2013:
http://markmail.org/thread/dna63aha5dxqistw

This is link to the calrification on SVN:
https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/XLIFF2.0Charter/XLIFF%20TC%20Charter_Clarification.docx

Please have a look as I plan to make the following move in the next meeting:
I move to approve the TC Officers requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Ballot to approve the charter clarification contained here:
https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/XLIFF2.0Charter/XLIFF%20TC%20Charter_Clarification.docx
 .
If this motion carries, Chet will create a special majority ballot very similar to the two we held to approve cs01 and cos01.

Thanks for your attention and see you on Tuesday

http://www.cngl.ie/profile/?i=452