[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Modified: XLIFF Meeting
Event Title: XLIFF Meeting
Date: Tuesday, 18 November 2014, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:
This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
Approve 4 November meeting minutes
IV Current and New Business (0:55 - )
Minutes of XLIFF TC meeting 18th November 2014
I - Administration
A. Roll call
There were 11 voters present.
B. Minutes of 4 November meeting approved as a correct record. Propose – Fredrick Seconded –
C. XLIFF 2.0 as an ISO standard
We have drafted an application to the OASIS leadership proposing that XLIFF 2.0 is proposed to ISO.
A ballot was proposed by David and seconded by Joachim. This was agreed with 10 votes. Michael
was not present when called on to vote so is considered to abstain.
The P & L sub committee will now look after this and get back to the TC when needed.
II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)
Deadline for proposing new XLIFF 2.1 features 18 November
The feature list for 2.1 has been completed today and we are no longer accepting new features for
David stressed with version 2.1 that while there will be no more features there could be less.
Internal matches – Joachim and TBX – XLIFF Mapping (URL TBD) (DavidF) were discussed as the last new
features proposed by the deadline. (see below)
The release of 2.1 will be next summer.
A. Versions and Modules - Yves
B. *Provenance and Change Track Module (Yves)
C. *ITS: Preserve space and Language Information
Fredrick proposed that we should make progress on this. David is currently working on this and Yves
thaught we had consensus on adding something inline.
Latest email from Yves: https://www.oasis-
Fredrick pointed out you would have to have an ITS attribute but the feature would be useful
D. *Quick question on trgLang (Ryan)
David and Bryan said that Ryan had acknowledged this was resolved. Can be removed from agenda going on.
E. *@disabled in Validation Module. Fix example. Add constraint? (Bryan)
F. TBX – XLIFF Mapping (URL TBD) (DavidF)
David mentioned that the feeling, apart from him, was that this should not be part of the
David proposed a vote where you voted yes if you want it as a feature and no if you want it as a
The vote was 2 votes in favour and 5 against. Four people abstained.
Fredrick proposed and David seconded that we create a note for XLIFF 2.1 on this.
This had registered no dissent, so the note creation has been approved by CFD.
This note needs to be on the agenda for the next meeting.
Another Note that needs dveloped is on relationship between 2.x and 1.2
Also needs to be introduced as an agenda point.
G. Writer or modifier - Yves
Yves acknowledged that this has been resvolved on the mailing list and can be removed from agenda.
H. *internal matches - Joachim
Joachim raised an issue with his proposal for internal matches? He raised some issues about this and
mentioned that he had not time to check IP issues with Lionbridge. David said the
important thing was to list this as a possible 2.1 features at this stage. Joacqium said he was happy
with this as long as we knew that the elaboration might fail on leagl issues.
Details of the proposal are available here: https://www.oasis-
David asked Joachim to put this on the Wiki
There was a vote to support implementing this feature by 10 votes with Michael recorded as
I. *ITS IG Call 2014-11-10 - Yves
J. *Do we have to have the schemas embedded in the specification? - Yves
Bryan has asked OASIS for confirmation. Fredrick suggested that we should have them outside and
linked but we need to know whether keeping them only external is
K. *Terminology data category - Yves
L. *ITS IG ACTION-56: Do write up of processing its+xliff files - Yves
M. *Provenance Data Category - Yves
III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)
None – ISO submission dealt with by vote.
IV Current and New Business (0:55 - )
Next meeting - December
Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further
action in your Outlook mail application.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR CALSCALE:GREGORIAN METHOD:REQUEST VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:America/New_York BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20001029T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z TZNAME:EST TZOFFSETFROM:-0400 TZOFFSETTO:-0500 END:STANDARD BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20071104T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11 TZNAME:EST TZOFFSETFROM:-0400 TZOFFSETTO:-0500 END:STANDARD BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20000402T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z TZNAME:EDT TZOFFSETFROM:-0500 TZOFFSETTO:-0400 END:DAYLIGHT BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20070311T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3 TZNAME:EDT TZOFFSETFROM:-0500 TZOFFSETTO:-0400 END:DAYLIGHT END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VEVENT STATUS:CONFIRMED TRANSP:OPAQUE DTSTAMP:20141120T140523Z DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20141118T110000 DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20141118T120000 SEQUENCE:1 SUMMARY:XLIFF Meeting LAST-MODIFIED:20141120T140523Z ORGANIZER:firstname.lastname@example.org DESCRIPTION:Please get the dial in information from our private Action I tem here:\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xli ff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n A. Roll call\n B. Approved by CFD meeting minutes\, 21 October 2014\n https://lists .oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00027.html\n\n Approve 4 November meeting minutes\n https://lists.oasis -open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00025.html\n \n C . XLIFF 2.0 as an ISO standard\n E. Deadline for proposing new XLIFF 2.1 features 18 November\n \n(* indicates new\, no t acted upon\, since last meeting)\nII XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:4 5)\n A. Versions and Modules - Yves\n https://lists.oas is-open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00037.html\n B. *Prove nance and Change Track Module (Yves)\n https://lists.oas is-open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00045.html\n C. *ITS: Preserve space and Language Information\n https://list s.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00054.html\n D. * Quick question on trgLang (Ryan)\n https://lists.oasis -open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00061.html\n E. *@disabl ed in Validation Module. Fix example. Add constraint? (Bryan )\n https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411 /msg00000.html\n F. TBX &ndash\; XLIFF Mapping (URL TBD) (D avidF)\n G. Writer or modifier - Yves\n https://lists.o asis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00030.html\n H. *int ernal matches - Joachim\n https://lists.oasis-open.org/a rchives/xliff/201411/msg00033.html\n I. *ITS IG Call 2014-1 1-10 - Yves\n https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xlif f/201411/msg00037.html\n J. *Do we have to have the schemas embedded in the specification? - Yves\n https://lists.o asis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00040.html\n K. *Ter minology data category - Yves\n https://lists.oasis-open .org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00041.html\n L. *ITS IG ACTIO N-56: Do write up of processing its+xliff files - Yves\n https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00047 .html\n M. *Provenance Data Category - Yves\n https://l ists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00052.html\n\nI II Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)\n\nIV Current and New Business (0:55 - )\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchang e File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=38713 UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=38713 BEGIN:VALARM ACTION:DISPLAY DESCRIPTION:REMINDER TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S END:VALARM END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR