Subject: Re: [xliff] XLIFF data representation in JSON

I think that having a note on JSON serialization of unit and lower should be fine without an OASIS ruling..
We can vote on having the note next time, if Yves thinks, he would have time to draft it :-)

My action item was is to explore the ground with Admin to see if we would be allowed to "clarify" our charter to include such deliverables as an abstract object model and API.

I still did not get to it. My thinking was that someone like Martin Chapman from the TAB would be a good discussion partner for this but wanted to check anyways with Chet first.

If the TAB thought that DOM/API work would extend the current charter beyond a reasonable stretch. We would probably need to charter a new TC to conduct the work.

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
Hi Bryan,

> Was the conversation around creating an entirely parallel
> representation to cover all of XLIFF, JLIFF, for example?
> Or when you say XLIFF data, do you just mean the translation
> bits, like a JSON representation of group, unit, segment,
> source, target?

We were talking about representing XLIFF data into JSON format.
That could be a full document or something as small as the content of a segment or ignorable.

This is related to the discussion about the XLIFF object model: JSON is just another way to serialize the data.