Subject: Re: [xliff] RE: [QUAR] RE: [xliff] Question about note references

If you want more fine grained pointing from notes, you will need to reference them the other way round from mrk/sm comments that reference a note in the same unit as their content..

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:

Yes, you are right: appliesTo doesn’t inform about the portion of the content as a whole (segment, sub-segment, etc.).

But yes, you got my meaning.

-ys

From: Ryan King [mailto:ryanki@microsoft.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:56 AM
To: Yves Savourel; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [QUAR] RE: [xliff] Question about note references

Thanks, Yves. I don't see how appliesTo applies in this case since that attribute is to specify whether the note applies to source or target text, and is not a reference to a particular segment. However, if I understood correctly, you would argue that Note 3 and 4 apply to all segments in the unit. This seems logical because they have no explicit reference to them. Thanks.

Ryan