xri-comment message

Subject: [xri-comment] Re: [xml-dev] OASIS TC Call For Participation: XRI TC

> The TC will also define an XML schema to associate metadata with
> resources and a service to manipulate this metadata and data associated
> with the resources. Specifically, this service will reflect the simple
> transactional nature of the WWW, i.e., it will use a small set of REST
> (Representational State Transfer) or CRUD-like operators on an
> infinitely extensible set of XRI-addressable resources.  This data
> exchange service will provide a platform for integration with
> directory-related specifications such as LDAP, DSML, and SPML.

Respectfully, I'm afraid that this demonstrates a profound ignorance of
Web architecture.  I see no value (perhaps even negative value, because
of the wasted work) in doing any of the above.

The http: URI scheme, and the HTTP protocol (perhaps with extensions)
are sufficient for every task mentioned in that message.

Thanks.

MB