xri message

Subject: Contributions from non-members

> The request, which came from external parties, is that the TC publish
> these canonical representations to promote interoperability. They've
> volunteered to most of the work on putting these together.

I'm fairly certain that we are not allowed to accept contributions from
non-members. Doing so creates the potential for significant IPR
problems, and is something I believe is strictly forbidden by the OASIS
rules.

If parties want to contribute, they really should join the TC and accept
the IPR licensing terms of the TC (especially the Royalty Free licensing
provisions).

This is also a matter of transparency. If folks are going to be
suggesting changes, they should at least be identified.

	-Gabe