xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Proposed accounting for public comments on XRI Syntax 2.0

Drummond-
	I'd say less about the details of persistent identification and
simply point out that there are other requirements, when taken in
combination, that aren't neccesarily satisfied by HTTP URIs. There will
*always* be an argument that everything can be done with HTTP URIs - and
that's probably true if you consider requirements in isolation. The
point is the combination of things that we want to do with XRIs.

	For me, it's the fact that I don't want DNS resolution of HTTP
URIs - if someone came up with an alternate HTTP URI authority syntax
that could be resolved differently, then I'd be happy. And that's almost
what we've done.

	-Gabe