xri message

Subject: Updated compact syntax proposal page

XRI TC Members and Observers,

After a good review with Marty Schleiff, I updated the XRI “compact syntax” proposal page tonight. There were no changes to the proposed normalization algorithm, but I did make the following changes:

* Added a short “Simple Rule” that captures the logic behind when you do and don’t normalize an explicit cross-reference.

* Clarified the wording of the formal algorithm (as this will go directly into the spec).

* Added an explanation column to the examples table to explain how the algorithm applies to each example.

* Added a reference to the new XRI 2.1 ABNF page which supports compact syntax at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriAbnf2dot1.

=Drummond