xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] ED07 Issue #1: Encoding of + in query parameters

John Bradley wrote:
> Will specifying that a literal space must be encoded as %20 if its
> included solve the problem?

Unfortunately no. The standard URL parsers will convert both %20 and
+ to a space. In order to get our + back in "application/xrds+xml"
for instance, we convert -all- spaces back to +. We don't have any
way, without really getting into the guts of ruby or php, to know
whether that space was originally a %20 or a +.

=vg