xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-03-13

Following are the minutes the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XRI
TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 13 March 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial telecon of the XRI Technical Committee.

ATTENDING

Gabe Wachob
Nika Jones
Wil Tan
Drummond Reed
John Bradley
Marty Schleiff

GUESTS

Dee Schur, OASIS

1) XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 COMMITTEE DRAFT 03 PUBLIC REVIEW

The second public review has started, thanks to fast work by Mary McRae.
The remaining steps in the schedule are:

	Mar 26: End second public review
	Apr 3: End seven day waiting period
	***APR 3: POST ALL STATEMENTS OF USE***
	Apr 4: Begin Committee Specification vote
	Apr 11: End Committee Specification vote
	Apr 14: Submit for OASIS Standard vote
	May 1: Begin OASIS Standard vote
	May 31: End OASIS Standard vote

2) XRI WEBINAR

As part of preparing for an OASIS Standard vote, we're planning an OASIS
webinar. OASIS IDtrust Member Section coordinator Dee Schur joined us to
explain how such a webinar works and what we need to do to prepare.

* Dee suggests that we hold it during the first part of the OASIS Standard
vote review period - ideally a Tuesday. We agreed on Tuesday the 6th of May.

* She suggested a time that is not too early for the West coast, but early
enough for Europe. We decided on 9AM PT/noon ET/4PM GMT.

* Dee will reach out to the OASIS community. We will also reach out to
others outside the community. Dee said there is no limit to how many people
can be invited.

* The webinar will last for one hour (any longer and attendance drops off).
Dee suggests 2-3 presenters. Dee monitors the live chat and manages the Q&A
using the live chat.

* Dee will record the webinar so it can be downloaded and watched by others
afterwards. She said some webinars have hundreds of downloads.

* Attendance typically ranges from 5 to several hundred. Subsequent
downloads can vary widely in number as well.

* The content should cover what we are doing, what types of problems it
solves it the market, and also present any concerns of which we are aware.

* We should leave at least 20-25 minutes for Q&A.

* We should prepare some questions in advance as sometimes the question
period starts slowly, and also to bring up issues that may otherwise not be
addressed.

* The first thing that Dee needs is names, titles, and bios of speakers who
will be presenting, plus the "scenario" -- the hook that will get people to
attend.

* Marty, Drummond, and Gabe volunteered to be the presenters. Marty must
check with Boeing PR folks.

# MARTY to check on this and let us know.

# DRUMMOND to check with Dee about whether other TC members at the webinar
can answer questions during the Q&A.

3) OTHER PREPARATIONS FOR OASIS STANDARD VOTE

The key documents we need to prepare are:

	- Revised XRI 2.0 FAQ (currently at
		http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xri/faq.php)

	- New XRI 2.0 white paper

	- New XRI 2.0 presentation (will be used for the webinar, above)

* Nike volunteered to help Drummond with starting to draft these.

* We agreed to start with wiki pages on each one.

# NIKA and DRUMMOND to start by outline wiki pages for next week's call.

4) STATEMENTS OF USE

Drummond posted examples of SOUs at:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200803/msg00023.html

Victor has already posted one for PlaNetwork. We reviewed the list of other
TC members who have said they would like to submit an SOU.

# DRUMMOND to let Markus know about submitting an SOU for XDI.org.