xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 10-11AM PT Thursday 2008-04-17

Following are the minutes for the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 17 April 2008 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 11:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Marty Schleiff
Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
John Bradley
Nika Jones
Les Chasen
Gabe Wachob

1) SCHEDULE UPDATE

All steps to prepare for the OASIS Standard vote are now complete. The
remaining schedule is:

	May 1: Begin OASIS Standard vote - spec review period
	May 6 (11AM ET): OASIS Webinar on XRI 2.0
	May 15: Review period ends
	May 16: Vote begins
	May 31: Vote ends
	June 10 (approx): Announcement

2) WEBINAR PREP

We are now officially scheduled for a webinar on Tuesday May 6 from
11AM-noon EASTERN (8-9AM PACIFIC). The invitation follows below:

******* WEBINAR INVITATION ***********

What do OpenID, the Higgins Project, i-names, and XDI (XRI Data Interchange)
all have in common? They all use the XRI 2.0 digital identifier
specifications and XRDS discovery format from the OASIS XRI (Extensible
Resource Identifier) TC.  Come to this one-hour webinar and learn:

* Why distributed directories, digital identity frameworks, ontologies,
reputation systems, and other emerging Web technologies need abstract
structured identifiers.

* How XRI syntax combines the best features of URNs (Uniform Resource Names)
and HFNs (Human-Friendly Names).

* How XRIs are backwards-compatible with URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers)
and IRIs (Internationalized Resource Identifiers).

* How XRDS documents are rapidly becoming the defacto service discovery
format for user-centric identity and data portability.

* The problems XRI and XRDS solved for OpenID Authentication 2.0.

Date:  Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Time:  11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/332275036

# DRUMMOND to check with Dee and Jamie about inviting other SDOs.

We also need to set a practice time 1-2 week prior to the webinar.

# DRUMMOND to tell Dee 4/29 at 10AM PT

3) REVIEW SECOND DRAFT PRESENTATION FOR XRI 2.0 WEBINAR

Drummond was not able to complete a second draft before the call.

# DRUMMOND to check with Dee to see what we can/can't say about Visa's
participation prior to their leaving OASIS.

# DRUMMOND to post version 2 by next week.

4) REVIEW WHITE PAPER OUTLINE

The updated outline for the white paper is at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriTwoWhitePaper

# DRUMMOND and NIKA to do a first draft by next week.

5) REVIEW XRI 2.0 FAQ

To simplify editing, this has been posted (thanks Les) at:

	http://dev.inames.net/wiki/OASIS_XRI_FAQ

* JOHN BRADLEY and MARTY SCHLEIFF will work on updating the copy.

6) XRDS ENTRY ON WIKIPEDIA

We have entries for XRI, XDI, i-names, and i-numbers -- we need one for
XRDS.

# NIKA and DRUMMOND will help draft as part of the white paper work.
# GABE will help recruit others such as Eran Hammer-Lahav to help.

7) XRDS SIMPLE

Drummond and Gabe provided an update on the progress of this open source
specification, currently posted at:

	http://xrds-simple.net/core/1.0/

* The TC is open to hosting this specification but wants to work with the
community, particularly the OAuth community where it was born, to determine
if the TC is the best home.

8) OTHER PREPARATIONS FOR OASIS STANDARD VOTE

We talked about further discussion with the Data Portability community at
the Data Sharing Summit tomorrow. Several TC members will attend the event
and work on that. We will discuss further preparations for the vote next
week.