xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 2-3PM PT Thursday 2009-08-13

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XRI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 13 August 2009 USA
Time:  2:00PM - 3:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Will Norris
Eran Hammer
Scott Cantor
John Bradley

AGENDA

1) OUTSTANDING XRD 1.0 ISSUES

Scott asked whether we intended to define more explicit rules for the
subject matching of linked XRDs.  Will said that this was being left
for the trust profiles.  Eran added that the core spec should define
only what a <Subject> means, but not necessarily what the consuming
application should do with it.  Matching the subject to anything
should be left for trust profiles.  Scott recommended adding some
language similar to what was added for KeyInfo today.

Scott questioned whether there was any concern with all the wildcards
in the schema.  He received push back on this very thing in SAML.
Will said that there hadn't been any concern about this, but this was
likely the kind of feedback that would likely come during the public
review period.

Will asked if Scott would be willing to look over the XSD schema.
Scott agreed to, but also noted that the OASIS rules have very
recently changed regarding "artifacts".  For example, if we include a
stand-alone schema file in addition to including schema snippets in
the spec document, then the stand-alone file is automatically
authoritative over the snippets in the spec document.  Will asked what
kind of effect this new rule may have if we include both an RELAX and
XSD schema file.  Eran and Scott agreed that as long as we
specifically declare one as authoritative (in the event of conflict)
we should probably be okay.  Will noted that regardless of whether an
XSD is packaged as part of the final spec or not, deployers are going
to need it, so it makes sense to go ahead and make sure we have it.
We can figure out the packaging of it later on.

Scott asked about the mime-type registration for "application/xrd
+xml", since he had some minor issues with this for SAML.  Eran is
going to follow up on that once we have a committee draft published.

2) LRDD - SUBJECT OF A HOST-META XRD

Representation of Subject sets was discussed a bit on the call last
week and followed up on the mailing list.  Is this matter closed?

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200908/msg00007.html

3) OTHER LINK HEADER/HOST META/LRDD STATUS/ISSUES

Nothing new.  LRDD is still currently held up by the committee draft
of XRD.

4) NEXT CALL

Same time next week.  Drummond will not be in attendance next week
either, but that should hopefully be the last time.

ACTION ITEMS

  - Scott is going to recommend language for the Conformance section
to Will
  - Scott is going to look over the XSD schema and check for quality.
He will either checkin any changes directly to SVN, or send them to Will
  - Eran is going do a much more thorough editorial review of the spec
this weekend and submit changes