Subject: Re: Question about XSLT specification tests

At 01/01/08 17:22 -0500, Sandeep Shrivastava wrote:
>What stage is the xslt conformance test development?

At the specification of the submitter catalogue document model.

>When would this be GAed?

We hope it will be generally available by mid-year, but as with very many
volunteer efforts estimated a completion date has been difficult to
estimate.  Our latest strategy is to select a minute portion (less than a
hundred tests) and marshal that group through the entire process to a
mock-up of completed work, thus illustrating the success of the proposed
methodology.

After which we will then produce a generally available beta collection of
the first final deliverable.  We may even released the mock-up for
potential users of the test suite to use to give us feedback on our
methodology and the usability of our results.

>Where can i find the tests that are now being developed.

When the submitter document model is completed we can expect developers of
tests to begin submitting them for consideration.  At this time, no
submissions have been made because the required materials for submitters
are not completed.

>I was interested in carrying XSLT conformance tests against Xalan from
>Apache.

Great!  However, be aware that our most active member is from that
development team and will be shepherding over a thousand tests through the
process.  Nonetheless, having someone outside the group work with our
results will help validate our process and our product.  We will look
forward to your feedback.

>Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Let us know if you need to know more.

Thanks for your inquiry!

--
G. Ken Holman                      mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com