Subject: [xslt-conformance] Reviewing (from: Minutes for March Teleconference...)

>...- Complete Test Suite
>...   * Test Validation
>     The consensus at the meeting was that we don't have the resources
>     to validate
>     the tests, and that we will have to include them all "as is".

We seem to be oscillating on this point. At the face-to-face in
Cambridge, my sense was that we agreed that the reviews are the real
added value from this process. The world expects that this suite has
been screened. What would the XSL WG be willing to say about this
collection if it's not reviewed? Would the WG be willing to let us do
the same for XSLT/XPath 2.0? Remember that QAWG and the W3C in general
are pushing toward having a WG-sanctioned suite for every Rec for
which conformance can be measured.

My suggestion: at the next meeting at which we have a quorum and have
at least one WG member present (Zarella, or Bob L. if he joins the TC)
we draw up a pros-and-cons comparison.
.................David Marston