Subject: Minutes for July Teleconference

Minutes for July meeting -- July 15, 2004 (via teleconference)
(scribed by DM)

Roll call and quorum

Voting members present:
David Marston, IBM Research
Joanne Tong, IBM Toronto
June Ng, IBM Toronto

Voting members absent:
Gauri Sharma, Sun (may have to go inactive)
Zarella Rendon, Individual Member
   (but she emailed a note about her action item)

Minutes of the last meeting(s)
Approved June minutes without amendment

Action Items from earlier meetings
- Convert Carmelo's XQuery F&O testcases into XSLT (Carmelo and ??)
  No progress yet; see what happens with XQuery Test Task Force, which
  is having a face-to-face in early August at NIST.
- Integrate reference files into 1.0 testsuite and post to public area.
  Dave completed. The "XSLT-testsuite-02.ZIP" version is complete.
  Auto-generated upload message sent July 12.

Agenda items
- Who is writing test cases?
  XSLT 1.0: nobody we know of right now.
  XSLT 2.0: TC emembers, within their companies.
  We have been contacted by Kurt Cagle, who evidently has some test cases
  or is interested in 2.0 cases. We need to get him to call in to one of
  our meetings to see where he stands. Noted: a contribution needs some
  form of statement of originality. (This is something that Mike Kay has
  mentioned about tests he's collected: he doesn't know origin, ownership,
  copyright, etc. of all the tests.)
- Status of our XSLT/XPath 1.0 test case collection
  See action item above.
- Any news from the W3C WGs?
  Nothing noted.
- Any change in our direction?
  Hope to have more clarity about XSL WG, XQuery WG, and their respective
  testing efforts soon.

Membership
- No activity on this front

Action items for next meeting
  Nothing added

Next meeting dates
- August 19 confirmed

Acknowledgements
  Thanks to Joanne/IBM for providing the phones for the meeting