xspa message

Subject: Re: [xspa] Two comments to the XACML profile

Erik,

Response 1.  It is important that we don't confuse our interop
demonstrations use of obligations during RSA2008 and London as a XSPA
implementation or design requirement, they are not.  I agree that there
are better ways of doing this, I also believe this is something that
should be left to the vendor community and Healthcare systems that
implement this standard.

Response 2.  HL7 provides widely accepted international standards for
Healthcare.
I have an action item to update the profile adding the OID
representation of the HL7 Permission Catalog.  The HL7 Permission
Catalog provides us our object/action pairing, this update should
resolve any scaling and maintenance issues.  The XACML profile also
describes the optional use of SNOMED-CT.  SNOMED-CT provides the
implementor with additional clinical detail.  Regardless of which
object/action vocabulary is used, I think we both can agree, that each
healthcare organization will need to translate to their applications
internal object/action pairings.

A supporting examples document is already being worked on   Your
architectural vision and input would be very much welcomed in its
development.

Regards,

Duane