xspa message

Subject: FW: [security-services] XSPA Profile of SAML Updated

XSPA Colleagues

Duane has uploaded our response to the public comments to the XSPA profile of SAML (see below).

Important dates next week:

Tue, 02 Jun 2009, 12:00pm to 02:00pm EST

The next meeting of the SSTC (SAML) TC, where we plan on discussing the changes to the profile announced below.

Thursday, 04 June 2009, 10:00am to 11:00am EST

The next meeting of the XACML, where we will discuss the next phase of the XSPA profile of XACML.

The XACML TC may now approve the specification as a Committee Specification or it can send it back to Public Review (review lasts for at least 15 days).  In the previous meeting it was decided no substantive changes had been made, so we can expect a motion to conduct a Special Majority Vote on making the draft a Committee Specification.

"Special Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which at least 2/3 (two thirds) of the Voting Members vote “yes" and no more than 1/4 (one fourth) of the Voting Members vote "no". All Special Majority Votes must be conducted via electronic ballot by the OASIS TC Administrator.

Following that, the TC may resolve by Special Majority Vote to submit the Committee Specification to the Membership of OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

Regards,

David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration