xspa message

Subject: Minutes of the July 10, 2009 XSPA conference call

Minutes of the July 10, 2009 XSPA Conference Call

1. Roll Call & Agenda Review

Friday, June 26, 2009, 1:00pm ET

 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review

Voting Members:

Anil Saldhana, Red Hat

Steven Meyer, HIPAAT International, Inc.

John Moehrke, GE Healthcare

Tony Mallia, Edmond Scientific Company

Richard Franck, IBM

Mike Davis, Veterans Health Administration

Duane DeCouteau, Veterans Health Administration

David Staggs, Veterans Health Administration

 Members:

David Weitzel, Mitre Corporation

Quorum attained.

2. Minutes of June 26, 2009 are approved unanimously.

3. Changes suggested to the XSPA profile of XACML were reviewed and consensus reached.  XSPA profile of XACML will be re-balloted with the suggested changes in the XACML TC.

4: Response to second shortened 15-Day public review of the XSPA profile of SAML were reviewed and consensus was reached.  XSPA profile of SAML will be re-balloted with the suggested changes in the SSTC.

5. Follow-on Discussion on comments from the Privacy Sub-team of the NHIN Specifications Factory.  Richard has additional interest in defining and characterizing the writing of policies that can be exchanged as well as authorizations.  Additional discussion was suggested to reach consensus on this as a new work item.

6.  Monthly meetings were approved through the remainder of the summer.

7.  Several wok items have been suggested during the TC calls.  We had discussed a US Realm and International XSPA profiles.  We have heard that the passing policies between organizations would be important.  We have to publish a schema referenced by the XACML and SAML profiles. This would be a time for suggestions and champions to take up new work items.

 Regards,

David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration