xspa message

Subject: RE: [xspa] RE: discussion paper on use cases for the XACML ontology work for tomorrows call (25 June 2010, 01:00pm to 02:00pm ET)

Title: Re: discussion paper on use cases for the XACML ontology work for tomorrows call (25 June 2010, 01:00pm to 02:00pm ET)

I very much agree with the question. And would say that the hierarchy found in ASTM E1986-09 is a nice hierarchy for organizing roles; but is not necessarly going to be agreed by all organizations as the correct hierarchy for ‘rights’ inheritance. Some ‘rights’ should stay with the low (more specific) role and not be inherited upward. Some roles may be organizationally grouping roles from one perspective, but not from another.

John

From: Staggs, David (SAIC) [mailto:David.Staggs@va.gov]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:57 AM
To: Michael Dufel; xspa@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Coyne, Ed (SAIC); Davis, John M.

Mike

That’s a very good observation.  I’ll try to explain my perspective.  The first use case (1.2.1.1.1) requires the PDP to understand the hierarchy of the ASTM E1986-09 to understand the credentials presented “Nurse’s Aide” (1.2.840.10065.1986.7.053) is under “non-licensed health care providers” category of “aides” and does not fall under the category of physicians and nurses only.  Does that make sense?

So can you give us some ideas on a use case directed to the issue of ontology-aware PDP.

Regards,

David

David Staggs, JD, CISSP (SAIC)
Veterans Health Administration