xspa message

Subject: Draft meeting minutes August 7, 2013

Minutes for 7 August 2013 TC meeting.
Started at: 1:02 pm EDT

**Attendance:
Mike Davis (Voting Member)
Duane DeCouteau (Voting Members)
Mohammad Jafari (Chair)

Quorum reached ( 3 out of 3 (%100) of voting members)

Agenda:
1. Roll Call.
2. Volunteer to take minutes.
Mohammad
3. Approval of minutes from previous meeting (July 24, 2013):
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xspa/email/archives/201307/msg00012.html
Unanimous
4. Agenda Review.
Mike Suggested raising an issue before getting into the discussion of other items.

Mike: There are concerns that the market is leaning towards alternatives technologies other than the ones we have based these profiles on, such as REST, OAuth, OpenID, and UMA. We need to consider whether we should continue in this direction.

Duane: I agree that the SOAP-based technologies are on their way out in this field. XACML REST profile is probably the only relevant technology to our work at this point.

Mohammad: We don't have to use SOAP, we can work on REST-ful interface and still move it via the XACML TC. The issue is to ensure the main players engage in our effort.

Mike moved to put the profile updates on hold for the moment in the interest of a more elaborate study of the alternative technologies and more recent trends, including: FHIR, OAuth 2.0, UMA, IHE XUA and IUA.
This was unanimously approved.

Meeting adjourned at 1:40 ET.
Next meeting August 21, 2013.