ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] OpenLDAP and CIQ

Ram,

See below.

Thanks, DW.

Message text written by "Ram Kumar"

Agreed. I do not know much about the directory services.
My question is, given the emergence of ebXML repository or
the UDDI repository, are these an alternative to the directory
services that will enable people, processes, etc. to share information?
Am I right in saying this?

> We will shortly have an ebXML Registry site that we can
> start working on such issues with.  I.e. input CIQ into
> ebXML CRI components, and then similarly add the
> OpenLDAP elements and then crosswalk.

Agreed. This is the best way to make people/organisations use
CIQ. I am looking forward to get this ebXML work going in our
committee. Moreover, we need a schema version of the CIQ DTDs as
there is more interest on schema. Either I have to learn schema to
convert these dtds myself or if someone in the CIQ committee can help me
by doing it, that will be great.

Another question on ebXML. Can organisations implement ebXML within
their intranet environment as a way of doing business on the internet
(something like web services), but within an organisation? In such a
case, they do not need Trading partner agreement implemented. Is this
possible?

Given that you are an expert in ebXML, I will keep bombarding you with some
questions that might be very straightforward to you if it is alright with
you.

You mentioned to me that you will send me a white paper regarding the
XBDL work that standardizes on a representation model that people can
submit using a while ago. How is it progressing?
<