ciq message

Subject: [ciq] Re: OASIS CIQ

Joe

> At this time, I represent Lubenow and Associates.  Previously, I worked for
the printer R.R. Donnelley and Sons, Metromail, and Experian.

> I am the elected industry chair for the USPS Mailers Technical Advisory
Committee, and chair of the IDEAlliance Addressing/Distribution Committee and
the ADIS project within IDEAlliance.

> I have received a password from OASIS, and have sent the message to
subscribe to the list.  What do I need to do in order to look at the work
product of the CIQ TC, such as the XML DTD that you were showing me?

The DTDs and Schema are in http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq

>I would guess that some of these documents are in a completed status, though
>updated from time to time, and might be posted somewhere.

Whatever have been posted are in a completed stage for public to download
and use it. xNAL has been approved as a committee specification.

>I also imagine that other work is in an experimental phase and is not posted
>yet, for example, you mentioned working on a representation in RELAX NG.  Is
>this correct?

I am working on converting the three standards namely, xNAL, xCIL and xCRL
into RELAX NG schema. Infact, I have completed xNAL and xCIL work on this.
But have not released it yet. I am also working on converting xNAL to
ebXML Core components.

> Lastly, do you have any meetings of the group already scheduled?

We will be scheduling it shortly. But not sure when as it is hard to get
people to be available as our committee members are from different parts  of
USA, Australia and UK. But we plan to have one soon. Most often we discuss
everything via e-mail as we find it easier to communicate.

Regards

Ram