ciq message

Subject: [ciq] Fw: [chairs] reminder: quarterly submission schedule

Hi CIQ TC members

Can we submit xNAL (xNL and xAL) for consideration as an OASIS Standard?
We need three OASIS member organisations that can certify that
they have implemented xNAL. MSI and XML Global have implementations
of xNAL. What about your company Marcus? Do you have an implementation
of xNAL? If not xNAL, do you have an implementation of xCRL that uses
xNL and xAL? A haldful of non OASIS member organisations are using xNAL.
But that does not count to the voting.

Please advise.

Moreover, xCIL has to be moved as a committee spec. Last time we did not vote
on it because we were thinking of adding permissioning and security to xCIL.
The feedback I have received from many is that they do not want this
feature as they do not want another implementation of a security mechanism
in xCIL as many groups are already working on security standards. If we
want to implement a security standard, the strong suggestion we get is to use
an already existing standard than inventing one. We have to therefore, as
as a committee have to make a decision on whether we want to implement
permissioning and security in xCIL. Please let me know your thoughts.

Regarding xCRL, we need to add a feature that can support GROUP relationships.
Currently, xCRL supports Person relationships (household, etc), organisation
relationships and Joint person relationships.

Regards

Ram