ciq message

Subject: Fwd :xNAL URLs

Thanks for the copy of the comment Ram.

I could not exactly replicate his search result (I got a lot of CIQ and xNAL NZ) but I think it's a point worth considering, if nothing else, for the marketing and promotional aspect of CIQ.

There are issues though:

1) URLs vs. URNs for persistence.

2) the structure and organisation of our document set

3) what problem are we trying to solve?  The avoidance of using the same element names in different standards contexts? I don't think that's a problem. Is it of HUGE value to have each element of Docbook, DITA, xNAL and everything else searchable so you know the range of uses out there?  Should there be a global OASIS policy about this rather than each TC approaching it as they wish?

to name but three..

Cheers

Colin