Subject: Re: [cmis] [CMIS] About the pronunciation of CMIS...

Hi all,

Coming from the "international" side of the discussion, I feel that a
"C. M. I. S." spelling is much more understandable when spoken in an
conversation with non-native speakers. "See Miss" are two common
English words, which can be hard to parse in the middle of a sentence
for someone not already used to the meaning.

Futhermore, there are negative connotations to "Miss" which feel
unfortunate to me.

FWIW in our French offices we always use "C. M. I. S." letter by
letter either in French or English depending on the interlocutors.

Regards,
Florent

P.S.: there's a show named "N. C. I. S.", I've never heard anyone call
it "Enn Sis" :)

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo