Subject: Re: [codelist] Dissenting argument on namespace URI

Thanks, Robin.  Maybe you could help me in understanding the OASIS
namespace URI guidelines

http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNamingV07.html#NamespaceDesign

a little better.  In particular the section

----
TCs should avoid creating collision/confusion and semantic overloading at
the point of a XML Namespace URI which could be mistaken for a regular
directory URI, or vice versa; thus, for any Type 1 or Type 3 HTTP scheme
namespace URI terminating in foo or foo/ (e.g.,
http://http://docs.oasis-open.org/tcName/path/foo), no URIs should be
created for resources matching "*" in
http://http://docs.oasis-open.org/tcName/path/foo/*. IOW: we don't put any
content in directory foo/.
----

I understood this to mean that if the genericode 1.0 namespace URI is

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/1.0/

that we can't have any documents whose access URI is of the form

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/1.0/*

However, this is not consistent with the first two of the RDDL examples
that you posted

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702

where there are documents in the directory of the namespace URI.  Am I
missing something obvious?  Thanks,

Cheers, Tony.